What is this notice? Campus Crime Alerts are released by the University of Oregon Police Department in compliance with federal law, when certain crimes are reported on or near campus property. These timely warnings provide information about campus safety situations, and allow campus community members to take precautions for personal safety. Alert titles reflect the reported crime as per the federal Clery Act.
Please note this message may contain information that some may find upsetting.
The University of Oregon Police Department has received a report from a UO student that on Saturday, October 6 at about 7:30 p.m., she was assaulted and forcibly fondled in the west parking area at Autzen Stadium. No description of the suspect was available.
With the onset of fall, and then the change back to standard time on November 4, it's getting dark earlier. Certain perpetrators use decreased visibility with the darkness, as well as the anonymity of crowds at events, to target or offend others. Some perpetrators become bolder or more aggressive when intoxicated, and they may frequent events with a lot of drinking.
Anyone with information about this or similar incidents should call Eugene Police at 541-682-5111 or UOPD at 541-346-2919.
Updates regarding this incident, when and if available, will be posted on the UOPD website at police.uoregon.edu.
CAMPUS SAFETY TIPS FROM UOPD
- No action or inaction by a crime survivor makes that person responsible for his or her victimization. Perpetrators are responsible for crimes and their effects. The following suggestions may help reduce the possibility of experiencing a crime, or may improve opportunities to receive prompt assistance.
- It is a crime to intentionally touch someone against his or her will, regardless of the situation.
- Encourage friends to travel in pairs or with trusted companions, especially at night or in remote areas.
- Use UO Safe Ride (541-346-RIDE ext. 2), call a taxicab, or contact UOPD for an on-campus escort (541-346-2919).
- If you feel you or others are in danger, call 9-1-1.
- To report suspicious, illegal or unusual activity on campus, call UOPD at 541-346-2919. For emergencies or if you see a crime being committed, call 9-1-1.
RESOURCES AVAILABLE FOR SURVIVORS OF CRIME
- For students, a range of support services are available through the Office of the Dean of Students, 541-346-3216; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For students, personal counseling and other support services are available through the University Counseling and Testing Center, 541-346-3227 (available 24 hours); counseling.uoregon.edu/dnn.
- For students, medical and sexual assault examination services are available at University Health Center, 541-346-2770; healthcenter.uoregon.edu.
- For employees, the Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity, 541-346-3123, and Office of Human Resources, 541-346-3159, can assist in connecting to resources.
- Other community resources available are Sexual Assault Support Services (SASS), 541-343-7277 (24 hour crisis line) or 541-484-9791, Womenspace, 541-485-8232 or 541-485-6513 (24 hour crisis line), and White Bird Clinic Counseling, 541-342-8255 541-687-4000 (24 hour crisis line).