Spring Break safety/security reminders
A few reminders before Spring Break:
- Lock residence doors and windows.
- Don't leave valuables visible through residence or vehicle windows.
- Take valuables with you when leave your residence for break, and when you park your car.
- Stop deliveries when you're gone that could tell thieves you're away.
- Park vehicles in secured, monitored, or well-lit areas. Use steering locks.
- Don’t leave bikes locked outdoors unused and unmonitored.
- Look out for your friends. If someone needs medical help, don't be afraid to call 9-1-1. Don't leave them with strangers; help them get home safely.
- Students who have experienced sexual harassment, including sexual assault, dating or domestic violence, gender-based harassment or bullying, and stalking have options to report and receive help from a variety of sources, including the university, campus and local law enforcement, and community agencies. For those who are unsure of what to do, we have staff who will review all available options so students can decide how they want to proceed. UO students can get support and information at safe.uoregon.edu or 541-346-SAFE.
- Anywhere in the United States, call 9-1-1 to report a crime or medical or safety emergency.