The University of Oregon Police Department provides limited vehicle assistance for jump-starts as a courtesy service to the campus community based on the terms and conditions listed below.
Terms and Conditions
Safety begins with your equipment. Some basic precautions and attention to details can help prevent injuries both to yourself and the people around you.
- Jump-starts and accessing will only be done on University grounds, without exception.
- Only the registered owner of a vehicle may request a jump-start. Identification is required.
- If our office does not have the personnel available due to emergencies or other responsibilities, we may offer to call a mobile "tune-up" or alternative service for you.
- UOPD reserves the right to decline vehicle assistance for any reason.
- Jump-starts will not be provided for some vehicles with diesel engines, 24 volt systems, or vehicles with batteries located in trunks or under seats.
- Before services are performed, the registered owner will be required to sign a Release of Liability Waiver.