OR22 TEMPORARY CHANGE to Lost & Found Process:
- Lost & Found will be available for pick-up, or inquiring of an item, 8 am – 4 pm, Friday, July 15 and Monday, July 18 – 25th including the weekend
- The weekend of the 16th and 17th the office will NOT be open to the public
Three ways to see if UOPD has a lost item:
- Visit the UOPD during the available dates/times noted above.
- Complete the form below to report lost property.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with contact information and a detailed description of the property.
NOTE: If you filled out the form and we have your item, we will contact you with details on how to retrieve it. We will only contact you if we have your lost property. Please do not send multiple emails.
Owners will be required to show identification, and provide some proof of ownership (which can include a detailed description or sales receipt) before claiming an item. UOPD staff will contact owners of property that has visible contact information.
If you receive a notice that we have your property, you may come and retrieve property from the police station located at 2141 E. 15th Ave., weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (excluding holidays).
Notice of requirements for Finders of Property ORS 98.005: Rights and Duties of finder of money or goods
If no person appears and establishes ownership of the money or goods prior to the expiration of three months after the date of notice to the county clerk under subsection (1) of this section, the finder shall be the owner of the money or goods.
If any person finds money or goods valued at $250 or more, and if the owner of the money or goods is unknown, such person, within 10 days after the date of the finding, shall give notice of the finding in writing to the county clerk of the county in which the money or goods was found. Within 20 days after the date of the finding, the finder of the money or goods shall cause to be published in a newspaper of general circulation in the county a notice of the finding once each week for two consecutive weeks. Each such notice shall state the general description of the money or goods found, the name and address of the finder and final date before which such goods may be claimed.